The SUN Business Network Advisory Group has been established to provide strategic advice to the SUN Business Network and to champion the role of the private sector in scaling up nutrition amongst the business community and the SUN Movement.
With 12 experts in the field of multi-stakeholder partnerships and nutrition, including business leaders and representatives from the SUN Civil Society Network and the SUN United Nations Network, these members reflect companies of different sizes and across different regions.
The group is chaired by Feike Sijbesma from DSM and includes representatives from Ajinomoto, Indofoods, PKL, Renata, DSM, UNGA and hopes for a further two companies from India and Latin America.
The AG are expected to meet twice a year to discuss the development of the network. The network also seeks where possible to arrange at least one face-to-face meeting each year, potentially on the margins of major SUN and other external events. Specifically, members are asked to:
- Mobilize business in support of the SUN Movement and recruit members to the SUN Business Network
- Champion the role of business in a multi-stakeholder approach to scaling up nutrition
- Support the network’s engagement and relationship with the wider SUN Movement and other SUN networks
- Provide strategic advice to the network on global business and nutrition trends and key issues
- Provide strategic advice to the network in relation to its two goals
- Recruit 99 companies by 2015
- Develop the network’s support for SUN Countries (national arrangements in each country will be agreed with the government)