Jubilant Life Sciences Limited is an integrated global Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Company engaged in manufacture and supply of APIs, Solid Dosage Formulations, Radiopharmaceuticals, Allergy Therapy Products and Life Science Ingredients. It also provides services in Contract Manufacturing of Sterile Injectables and Drug Discovery and Development. The Company’s strength lies in its unique offerings of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences products and services across the value chain. With 10 world-class manufacturing facilities in India, US and Canada and a team of around 6200 multicultural people across the globe, the Company is committed to deliver value to its customers spread across over 100 countries. Jubilant is well recognised as a ‘Partner of Choice’ by leading life sciences companies worldwide and has relationship with 19 of Top 20 pharmaceutical companies and 7 amongst top 10 agrochemical companies across the globe. In nutritional ingredients, they are the world’s second largest player in Vitamin B3.
Statement of Commitments
Through their Integrated Malnutrition Project, Jubilant is committed to working with the Indian State of Uttar Pradesh to improve the nutritional status of one million people by 2018 through nutrition data collection, education, counselling and encouraging behavior change.
Jubilant will train women volunteers, in the communities in which it operates, to become services providers on nutrition counseling and record keeping using WHO formats. These volunteers are residents of the village and they are trained to:
- Support local Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) through door to door visits to measure and record health of children under age of 6 years
- Maintain immunization record of children and liaison with Auxiliary Nurse and Midwives (ANMs) to ensure timely vaccination of all
- Counsel pregnant and lactating mothers on nutrition and child health , in small groups or one-to-one
Jubilant will organise following activities to achieve this goal:
- train the same group of women volunteers
- to become services providers,
- to conduct growth monitoring of children under age of 6 years using WHO format
- to perform nutrition counseling with pregnant and lactating mothers, adolescent girls
- to organize awareness campaign on malnutrition issue in the villages engaging various stakeholders like
- School children
- PRIs and opinion leaders
- Religious leaders
- Service providers
Jubilant will take up this project in three phases
- Phase I – In the first year (2014-15) will cover 25,000 population across 11 underperforming and small villages in the district of Amroha, state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Phase II – In the second year (2015-16) will cover 0.1 million population across 34 select villages in the district of Amroha.
- Phase III -By 2018, Jubilant aims to reach one million people by supporting ICDS Dept. in the District.